Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

...Hello August



I'm looking forward to August. For the past few weeks I've been in a really negative headspace and I've lost touch with the things I need to do in order to be able to focus positively on situations. Positive thinking is something that doesn't always come naturally to me - I'm definitely a bit of a pessimist - so it's something I need to be aware of, practice and learn from the times when I can't see the wood for the trees.

I've got some plans for some little crafty projects for the month ahead, and to focus on family, friends, my health and home. I thought I'd share the goals I've set myself for August to try and keep myself on track.

1. Meditate every day - I feel about a thousand times calmer when I take a few minutes to meditate each day - it really helps calm the pessimist in me and to focus on what is important. I've resubscribed to Headspace so I have no excuse. I'm going to re-start with their beginners programme from today so I'm interested to see how I'm feeling in my post at the end of this month

2. Walk 70,000 steps each week. This is fairly self explanatory - my aim is to get out and about walking more often, and to take photos as I go.

3. Finish 4 crafty projects - because I'm loving the sense of calm I get when I craft - and the accomplishment of finishing a project (no matter how small!).

4. Spend less time on social media and more time with the people I care about - I think that social media - particularly facebook - is kind of bad for me. I'm going to stick to just looking at instagram for August and see if being away from Facebook helps to free up some time for far more important things.

5. Get organised at home - my home is in desperate need for some organisation, and some low-scale DIY projects at the moment. August is definitely the time to get started on them.

Have you got any goals for August? Whatever the month holds for you I hope it includes doing lots of things that bring you happiness - whatever they may be!

Bye for now

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment