Pages

Sunday 20 August 2017

24 Projects in 24 Weeks - Week 5 Update - The Cactus Cushion



Soooo...I'm not so sure about how I feel about my project for this week. I've felt a bit like giving up on it a few times, which probably isn't a good sign. My project for this week was an embroidered cactus cushion, which I made using a kit from Flying Tiger Copenhagen (I bought this kit a while ago so I don't think it's in store anymore...sorry!).


The kit itself was easy enough. The instruction were some super-vague pictures, but with a tiny bit of embroidery experience I could work my way through what I needed to do.

My biggest gripe was that I ran out of both of the green threads so had to raid my stash for something similar. I found an okish match, but it's always going to bug me that some of the cactus spines are a different colour to the rest!

My hand-sewing skills to sew the two sides together were also slightly lacking so it's ended up a weird shape at the top! I'm always really really critical of my own work but for this challenge I'm trying to silence my inner critic and post the projects anyway!



Still...it's not keeping my parrot cushion company in my snug. Although my dog has taken a bit of an interest in it...so it may end up being a dog toy!

Anyway...back to cross stitch this week I think...or maybe an embroidery hoop project. Decisions, decisions!

What are you making at the moment? Is it too earlier for Christmas crafts? I'm seeing them pop up everywhere and am so tempted to start because...you know...Christmas.

Bye for now!

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment