Pages

Sunday 6 August 2017

24 Projects in 24 Weeks Week 3 Update & Geeky Stitching Club Review



To say that my project for this week has been a joy to stitch would be an understatement. The weather where I live has been terrible, and so stitching this pattern was like stitching a bit of sunshine back into my week (which was a week off work - I really know how to pick them). The fact that I do love stitching a good pun also added to my enjoyment of this kit. Aloha Beaches. Brilliant.

I received this pattern as part of the Geeky Stitching Club , which is organised by the Geeky Stitching Company. I found the club through facebook and was quickly in love with the cure and quirky designs so decided to sign up. This was my first geeky stitching club box and it was really fun to receive and make.


Here's how the subscription box looks when you open it - super cute graphics and pretty colours (and a sweet) - so it definitely won my heart.


Inside the box was everything needed to complete the main pattern - a hoop, fabric, needle, threads, instructions and the pattern itself (which was super easy to follow). I've been travelling around a bit this week and being able to just pick my kit up in the box and carry it around with me was perfect.

There were also some extras in with the kit - two bonus patterns, a piece of fabric (which is so pretty - t had dots!) and a skein of thread for future use.




I'm definitely a fan of this subscription box - the presentation of everything, cuteness of the designs and how flipping easy everything was to follow (right down to having the skeins of thread pre-organised on a card in the order the colours are listed on the pattern) really did mean this kit was a joy to make. I'e ordered a couple of other kits (themed around my favourite plants!) so there will be more to come as part of my 24 projects, I'm sure!

Have you finished any projects this week? I'd love to hear about them if you have.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment