Pages

Monday 17 July 2017

Thoughts on...Finding my Craft Mojo Again and Project Goals



'What are your interests?'

Um..well...

'I like lots of different crafts'...

Being crafty is one of my go-to terms when I'm asked to describe myself (which I hate...seriously...is anyone actually any good at describing themselves to an audience?). The problem recently ... or for about two years...is that I've hardly made anything. That does call into question whether I can really define myself as 'crafty'.

I think that one of the problems is that being 'crafty' is another way of saying 'creative'. And creativity requires some headspace, which I'm not very good at giving myself. I've been working on my headspace recently, and that has supported me in feeling a little bit more creative...and I've started making things again. Yay!

I've decided to set myself a little challenge after realising there are 24 weeks left in 2017. Seriously - only 24 - how in the hell did that happen? I'm aiming to complete 24 crafty projects in those 24 weeks - no matter how small. Here are a few things I'm trying to help me get back into 'making' again, in case your crafty mojo is also in need of some life support!

1. Make things you enjoy - I've committed myself to projects in the past which have seemed more like a chore than a pleasure. I'm going to keep my projects for the rest of the year simple and achievable.

2. Browse blogs to find some inspiring projects -  Paper & Stitch is my absolute favourite place for this.

3. Plan out presents for upcoming birthdays/ anniversaries/ births etc - Sometimes it's really motivational to know that you're making something for someone who will love it.

4. Plan some projects that are just for you - A slight contradiction to number three - but with 24 projects I think there is room for both! I usually find I'm only making things when they are for someone else. I'm definitely going to pick some projects that will be for me/ my home.

5. Get organised - I'm about half way through organising my craft stash and I've found that by just going through what I have hidden away in drawers I've found some inspiration and ideas for what to make

So..that's me ready to get crafty. I'll share my projects and progress on here - I'm so interested to see if I make it to the full 24 projects and feel really motivated to try.

Bye for now!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment