Pages

Monday 31 July 2017

Goodbye July...



I'm not sure how I feel about the past month. It definitely brought some happy times my way, and some achievements, but it has had some difficult times and I'm leaving the month feeling tired and like I need to take a step back and re-prioritise things.

So...that is what August will be for - recharging and refocusing.

I thought it would be nice to note some of the good things July has brought before I flip it the bird and skip into August.

Watching Movies...

...I have watched a lot of movies this month. More than I have in a very long time. Some have been good. Some...not so much.


This is a screenshot from my favourite film of July - Get Out. It stars Daniel Kaluuya who is just an amazing actor. He plays Chris - a man who goes to visits his girlfriends family for the first time. Look at those smiley faces. What could go wrong?

The answer is..a lot..although not necessarily for the reasons you might expect. The film is creepy, sinister, funny, horrific and tense - all at the same time. I can't say much because I don't want to spoil it - but just watch it. It's fantastic.

Crafting...



July is the month I started to get my crafty mojo back. I've finished two little craft projects so far, and am working on project three at the moment. I've loved making things again - and it's definitely something I want to keep focussing on.

Spending quality time with the people I love...



Yep - it should be a given that this is something that it is good to do. In July I've spent some quiet time with some of my most loved people and have really treasured that time. I often but myself under pressure to make everything perfect, but I've tried to shake that off - and just enjoy the moments.

The photos above are from a stay in a lovely country hotel. It was just for one night but it was so relaxing it could have been a week away. I'm definitely going to try to plan more times like that in the month ahead.

Linked to the quality time - I've also really grown to understand just how kind and amazing people can be. Sounds super fluffy I know, but my heart has been warmed by the kindness of others many times over in July, and that's kind of amazing.


...and that's about it for July. I'm going to sleep on my thoughts about July and plan some goals for August.

How was July for you?

Bye for now

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment