Pages

Friday 6 January 2017

That Friday Feeling...The 80's, Some Reading and Beautiful Sounds



First working week of January completed - woo! I think that having such a lovely and relaxing Christmas has made the shock of the new year and being back to the daily grind even more noticeable!

It's been a great week though, with lots of nice scattered moments throughout.

Here's a few pieces of happiness from this week:

What I've been watching:



Sing Street - This film quickly and quietly worked its way into my heart and onto my favourite films of all time list. It's a film about an Irish lad, growing up in the 1980's and dealing with all the difficulties of life at that age (and then some, to be honest), who escapes from all of the negative by starting up a band. His relationship with his brother, who introduces him to new bands, and influences the style of the band and their music each time, is quite honestly beautiful. It has some laugh out loud moments (some of the throwbacks to the bands of the '80's are just perfect) and is also touching throughout without being overly sentimental. Can't recommend this film enough!

What I've been reading:



I've joined a book group - yay! It's the Poppy Loves Books Club (more on that to come).  The first book I'm reading for it is Sofia Khan is not Obliged by Ayisha Malik. I'm only a little way in but it's already had me laughing aloud so I'm looking forward to reading more this weekend.

What I've been listening to:




I feel so sad about George Michael's passing. He was a beautiful man who just never seemed to realise how amazing he was. I've been listening to his performance at the Palais Garnier, Paris. This is one of my favourite songs of his. Beautiful.

This week I've also been trying my hand at some very simple candle making (review to follow!) and sulking that the Christmas tree and decorations have been packed away. Having a tree in your lounge should be legit at any time of the year!

Whatever your weekend holds, I hope it is a good one!

Bye for now.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment