Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Stitch and Tell - Simple Embroidered Hankies

Christmas things are starting to appear in the shops already (noooo!), which must mean I don't have that long to make Christmas presents.

Anyone else ever spent Christmas Eve frantically sewing with awesomely cheesy Christmas tunes playing in the background?

Anyway, here's a little project that was really quick to sew that might help with last minute Christmas crafty panic!



These embroidered hankies only took about three hours to stitch in total. The bird pattern and the initial came from a pattern book by Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching. I love Jenny's patterns, they're incredibly easy to iron onto fabric and make the whole process a joy. I chose different shades of blue to stitch them in and really love how they turned out.

If it wasn't for the fact that the idea of using fabric hankies kinda grosses me out these days (although I still have a little stash of my childhood hankies stored safely in a drawer), I'd be very tempted to stitch some with my initial too!


2 comments:

  1. Christmas already?!?! EEP!! These are so sweet. They will make lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I know, I swear Christmas starts earlier every year, and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete