Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

Sunday Best #2

Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest


At the moment I'm really enjoying the two new TV shows 'Once Upon a Time' and 'Grimm', and they've really put me in the mood for fairy tales, so this week's 'Sunday Best' focuses on some rather beautiful things themed around those most magical (and sometimes terrifying) stories...

1. Stunning art from 'the poppy tree' (as always!)




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest
2. This hand painted locket is beautiful




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest
3. Miniature Fairy Tale Books...for Blythe maybe?




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest
4. Love this print...especially the red shading




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest
5. My neck needs this




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest
6. I am so amused by the idea of sending someone a postcard from 'the 3 bears'




Source: etsy.com via Kat on Pinterest

1. Fairy Tale Print---Snow White Terrarium by thepoppytree on Etsy2. Hand Painted Necklace - Little Red Riding Hood by TuckooandMooCow on Etsy3. Miniature Fairy Take Books by LDelaney on Etsy, 4. Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf print by collageOrama on Etsy5. Little Red Riding Hood Necklace by CABfayre on Etsy6. Goldilocks and the 3 Bears postcard set - by LeFrenchCircus on Etsy

I think on reflection my favourite fairy tale as a child was Snow White...followed a very close second by Red Riding Hood. As an adult the darkness of fairy tales fascinates me. Some of them are just so...grim (I guess that's the origin of the word maybe?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment