Pages

Saturday 1 January 2011

2011...the year that will be

 So it's arrived...and I have to say I really am feeling quite relieved...let's hear it for 2011. I guess that means it's time for resolutions...although this year I think I'm going to call them "things I should do because it will make me happy" ...much less scary, right?

 Here are my 11 for 2011...
  1. Spend more time on my blog - aka...actually write some useful and interesting. I'm hoping to start using this as a place to share info on the things I love - mostly crafting, geekery, films, books and pretty or cute things (or pretty cute things)! I'm starting to put together a little catalogue of quirky cross stitch designs I've created and will start sharing some of those as well.
  2. Do more exercise on a regular basis. Me + exercise = happy feelings inside. 'Tis a simple equation, so who knows why I never follow it?! I'm going to keep up with my yoga classes but also start jogging. I'm actually looking forward to it. I give it a week. 
  3. Sponsor an animal of some kind. 
  4. Learn to crochet. My personal crafty Everest. I shall conquer it. Oh yes, I shall.
  5. Open an Etsy shop to sell some of my own crafty stash off but also to start making items to sell. Having my own little business has always been a dream. I think it's time to make it a reality.
  6. Read more. I used to devour books. It's been about six years now since I lost the capacity to get my brain to focus long enough to enjoy reading...with a few exceptions. However, my desire to read has returned ten fold in the past few weeks so I'm going to try and read at least twelve books this year.
  7.  Get on with writing the book that has been floating around in my head for the past few years before the plot lines and characters crawl out of my head and write themselves because I've left it so long.
  8. Learn how to use photoshop. The Blythe banners from yesterday and today are my first attempts and wow is it fun. Time to get a book and learn how to use it properly.
  9. Build up enough craft stock to run a stall at some point in the year. I used to do this with mum, and loved it...time to get back on that horse.
  10. Take a break...as in..actually go on holiday. I don't know where I'm going or how long for...but I think it's time to see some sites.
  11. Stop letting work stress me out. Easier said than done, but you remember what Yoda said?


Ah Yoda...where's a little green guy with a stick when I need some sage advice?

And so that is it...quite the list, and thankyou for bearing with such a long post. There's something quite motivating about committing these to a blog instead of a diary which I've forgotten about by January 5th. Let the good times begin and I hope 2011 brings you the very best things, whatever they may be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment